Sporturf Tech Tip #5 Idiling Vehicles on Synthetic Turf
This tech tip is proviiding information on idiling vehicles effect on synthetic turf.
In the summertime there are normally cookouts, graduation parties, pool parties, and other events at our homes that usually exceed the amount of parking most of us have. It’s important to remember NEVER leave a Car idling on your synthetic turf. The heat buildup or exhaust can damage the turf to an unrepairable state.
As always with all of our tech tips if you need more clarification or additional assistance please contact your Regional Account Manager before working on your next project.
Below are some tips on daily turf usage:
1. Footwear should be restricted to ½” molded cleats
2. Stance areas for baseball/softball, Lacrosse and soccer goal mouths face abnormal
wear patterns and must be monitored daily.(See section II)
3. Band Practices may cause abnormal wear and the field must be monitored for rubber
loss in high traffic areas.
4. Pets or animals should not be allowed on artificial turf areas.
5. Non authorized vehicles should not be allowed on turf. Light machinery such as
Gators, tractors and golf carts are permissible with turf tires only.
6. No food, chewing gum, sunflower seeds and/or tobacco products on playing surface.
7. Daily cleaning of surface should be hand-picked. Vacuums with dual motors and leaf
8. Turf grooming and cleaning must be done by trained staff and authorized equipment
9. Steps must be taken to prevent dirt/debris from collecting onto surface from nearby
trees and parking lot trash.