Sporturf Tech Tip #2 Dealing With Static Electricity on Your Turf
Please follow up with your Account Manager if you have any further questions before starting your next project. You can also refer back to your installation guidelines for complete details.
Below are some tips on daily turf usage:
1. Footwear should be restricted to ½” molded cleats
2. Stance areas for baseball/softball, Lacrosse and soccer goal mouths face abnormal
wear patterns and must be monitored daily.(See section II)
3. Band Practices may cause abnormal wear and the field must be monitored for rubber
loss in high trac areas.
4. Pets or animals should not be allowed on artificial turf areas.
5. Non authorized vehicles should not be allowed on turf. Light machinery such as
Gators, tractors and golf carts are permissible with turf tires only.
6. No food, chewing gum, sunflower seeds and/or tobacco products on playing surface.
7. Daily cleaning of surface should be hand-picked. Vacuums with dual motors and leaf
8. Turf grooming and cleaning must be done by trained sta and authorized equipment
9. Steps must be taken to prevent dirt/debris from collecting onto surface from nearby
trees and parking lot trash.